Karate Testing (hi-ya!)

Today I had karate testing. (We got there nine minutes early!) First Mr. Wamsley, my karate teacher, showed us how we were supposed to do it. I was the first one to do my form, which he said I did good on. After that a boy named Houston did his form, then the higher belts did theirs. It was fun to see what I would be doing when I get up to the higher belts. The orange belts were doing a wrist and choke grab. I already know both of them. After that the higher belts did some block defense and attack stuff. They also did some line up stuff (I don't know what it's called). That took a long time! After that two other kids and I did some jumping kicks against pads. There was one kick where we fake kick with one leg then we a real kick with the other one. It was kind of hard, but wasn't hard enough that I couldn't do it. A few minutes later, we did our one step blocks (high block, low block, and inside block). Those are kind of fun! When you get to the end of something you yell "Uh!" I think it's to startle the person who is attacking you. There was this one yellow belt that really yelled it. I think that when I get my yellow belt I'll do that too!

2 Comments:
Robby it sounds like you are a karate master! Maybe when you come in August you can teach me some moves (how about the fake/real kick one?!)
You look really tough in that picture. I wouldn't want to fight you. I got to see your dad last night! That was pretty cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home